Shore diving in the Andaman Islands, located in the Bay of Bengal, is a popular activity for both experienced and beginner divers. The Andaman Islands are known for their stunning underwater biodiversity, vibrant coral reefs, and crystal-clear waters, making them a fantastic destination for diving enthusiasts.
Here are some key points to know about shore diving in the Andaman Islands:
1. Diving Sites : The Andaman Islands offer numerous diving sites suitable for shore diving. Some of the popular sites include Havelock Island, Neil Island, and Port Blair. Each site has its unique underwater features and marine life.
2. Marine Life : The Andaman waters are teeming with marine life, including colorful coral reefs, various species of fish, sea turtles, rays, and even some larger marine creatures like sharks and dolphins.
3. Visibility : The visibility underwater in the Andaman Islands is generally excellent, often reaching up to 30 meters or more. This provides divers with clear views of the underwater landscape and marine creatures.
4. Coral Reefs : The coral reefs around the Andaman Islands are known for their diversity and health. Divers can explore both hard and soft coral formations, which create stunning underwater landscapes.
5. Dive Centers : There are several dive centers and resorts across the Andaman Islands that offer shore diving packages. These centers provide equipment rental, guided dives, and diving courses for all skill levels.
6. Dive Training : If you're new to diving, many dive centers offer certification courses, such as PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) or SSI (Scuba Schools International). These courses will help you learn the necessary skills and safety procedures for diving.
7. Best Time to Dive : The diving season in the Andaman Islands typically runs from October to April, as the weather and sea conditions are most favorable during this period. The monsoon season, from May to September, is not suitable for diving due to rough seas and limited visibility.
8. Environmental Conservation : It's essential to follow responsible diving practices to protect the delicate marine ecosystems in the Andaman Islands. Avoid touching or damaging corals and marine life, and adhere to the guidelines provided by the dive centers.
9. Safety : As with any diving activity, safety is paramount. Make sure to dive with a certified dive operator, follow their instructions, and adhere to safety protocols.
10. Accommodation : There are various accommodation options available on the Andaman Islands, ranging from budget to luxury resorts. It's recommended to book in advance, especially during the peak diving season.
Remember that the information provided here is based on knowledge up to September 2021. It's advisable to check with local authorities or reputable dive operators for the most current information before planning your shore diving trip to the Andaman Islands.
CONTACT US FOR MORE ENQUIRY !!
"Feel free to reach out to us for any inquiries or assistance – we're here to help!"